Rules and Regulations to be followed by the Parents and Student
- Do not litter the campus.
- Use of all electronic devices is prohibited.
- Before visiting prior permission should be obtained.
- No eatables to be brought to the campus.
- Gifts, tips or favors of any kind to school staff are strictly prohibited.
- Damage to school property within the campus will not be tolerated
- All members of VNHS community are required to be respectful and courteous
- Physical or verbal bullying will not be tolerated
- Students are expected to obey the instructions of staff members.
- Movement in the School will be brisk, quiet and orderly, keeping to the left.
- Visitors must be greeted respectfully and assisted.
- Polite and friendly interactions to be carried out with peers, elders and subordinates.
- Conversation, at all times to be, strictly in English.
DAMAGE TO SCHOOL PROPERTY
- For willful breakage and damage to the School property, a fine will be imposed on the errant student.
- If an individual is not identified, then same will be charged to the entire group of students involved.
- The fine shall comprise replacement cost plus a fine of 50% of the replacement cost. However, in case of accidental breakages, only the replacement cost of the article will be charged.
- Any student leaving the campus will only be allowed to go out with parents or with authorized person only.
- A total of five visitors (including parents) are permitted, for which written authorization with photograph is essential.
- Coming late to class/activity will be dealt with by the concerned teacher.
- Repeaters may be suspended
- Reporting late after sanctioned leave/night or day out will be dealt, strictly
USE OF LANGUAGE
- Use of abusive language is considered a grave offence and will invite immediate action against the offender.
- Parents are expected to visit the School, only, on the first and second Sunday of the month between 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Guardians, relatives or friends will not be permitted to visit a student unless a letter of authorization from the parents together with the photograph of the visitor duly signed by the parents is submitted to the School.
- No staff member is permitted to be the local guardian of the student, except in case of a particularly closer relationship.
- On arrival at the School, visitors must introduce themselves to the Teacher-onduty at the Reception Desk, who will send for the student concerned.
- Parents or visitors shall not visit student dormitories, unless the student is being checked in.
- Gifts, tips or favors, in any kind, to School staff are strictly prohibited.
- No Students will be allowed to go home during the Academic year. However every child gets extra holidays of 12 days which can be used in case of emergencies.
- Emergency Holidays cannot be used during Examination time; Leave should be authorized well in Advance.
- No Leave will be sanctioned in the months of February, March & April.
- Telephone calls should be according to the timetable given by the Boarding In-charges.
- However, all the telephone calls will be entertained only after the School Hours.
In order to maintain the dignity/ethics of the School a student may be suspended, by the Principal of the School, on the recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee, on following grounds
- repeated exhibition of disrespect to superiors;
- poor conduct during School activities;
- unethical acts of violence, disrespect, language; physical behavior towards peers/ seniors/subordinates;
- poor attendance or breaking of School rules.
With the larger interest of student community in mind the Principal has discretionary powers to expel a student, if He/She
- has shown great disregard to the School discipline;
- has repeatedly, shown disrespect to the School ethics;
- has been unable to come to the expected academic standards inspite of regular intervention;
- has, through actions/behavior, brought the School community into disrepute;
- Medical condition that may harm the wellbeing of others.